The Children’s School’s mission is to “enrich minds and inspire dreams” through our values of joyful learning, celebrating childhood, and a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice. Our community-driven strategic plan, “Amplify, Nurture, Thrive: Advancing The Children’s School’s Vision and Impact” keeps these values at its heart, while amplifying their impact.
Our holistic strategic plan focuses on our students’ academic, social, and emotional development. We are dedicated to ensuring that they are not only academically challenged, but develop into critical thinkers, compassionate individuals, and active contributors to their communities.
Amplify Our Uniqueness.
We will amplify our unique strengths by deepening our commitment to diversity and inclusion, engaging with the Atlanta community, and shining a light on our progressive approach to education and its benefits for our students, families and community.
We will fulfill this promise with a…
- Progressive, Child-centered Educational Approach: Proudly proclaiming our uniqueness as the premier progressive school in Midtown Atlanta
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice: Building and leveraging our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice to create a culturally-responsive environment for our community
Thrive in a Changing and Challenging World.
We will prepare our students to thrive in a rapidly changing world by challenging, empowering and nurturing them to think critically and make connections and comparisons within and across subject areas, all while finding joy and playfulness throughout their learning experience. We will continue to prepare our graduates for high school, college and beyond, and they will have the skills necessary to be changemakers in their community.
We will fulfill this promise by…
- Reimagining the Middle Grades Program: Reinforce the program’s emphasis on real-world, hands-on learning experiences while celebrating adolescence.
- Defining Early Learning – Grade 8 Academic Excellence: Illustrate academic excellence from preschool through middle school.
- Deepening Our Commitment to Neurodivergent Students: Train teachers to support all of our students’ learning styles.
- Prioritizing Emotional and Physical Well-being: Strengthen programming that addresses our students’ social-emotional well-being.
Nurture the Amazing
We will challenge our community to make a positive impact on our ever-changing world by recognizing the critical importance of developing community connections, nurturing and supporting our employees, building a community where everyone is welcomed, supported and challenged to realize their full potential, and ensuring that the institution continues to thrive for the next generation of learners.
We will fulfill this promise by…
- Strengthening Community Connections: Use Atlanta and the outdoors to extend our classroom for deeper community connections
- Committing to Teacher and Staff Well-being: Foster a spirit of authenticity, belonging, wellness, service, collaboration, development and reflection amongst our employees
- Refining our Financial Model: Deconstruct and refine our financial model to ensure that we can continue to nurture the amazing potential of our students for generations to come.
Strategic Plan News
Jan. 17, 2024: Learning in Action Night
June 20, 2023: TCS Strategic Planning Process Envisions the School’s Future
April 20, 2023: Strategic Plan Update
Sept. 30, 2022: Strategic Planning Committee Announcement
Strategic Planning Committee
Top Row (left to right): Pauline Jennett, Kristen Barnett, Erika Ellison, Cristian Eden, Paul Oberman, Nailah Elridge, Josh Shepherd, DeMark Liggins, Kerri Murphy, John Bell Bottom Row (left to right): Crystal Land, Morgan Darby, Jess Londeree, Kelly Lyn, Sabrina Sexton, Christy Browne, Roslyn Benjamin