We know families have a variety of school needs during the pandemic, including health and safety, strong academics, social connections and emotional wellbeing, affordability, childcare, and more. TCS is proud to offer a robust on-campus learning experience with national, state and local COVID-19 health and safety guidelines in place.
Our values, challenging academics, commitment to maintaining a nurturing environment, and strong community relationships remain core to our teaching and learning approach during COVID-19.
On-Campus Learning With Health and Safety Guidelines in Place
“On the first day on campus, each of my kids had butterflies in their bellies, but they were equipped with masks, lunches, endless instructions, and excitement! They couldn’t be happier!” — TCS Parent
We plan to, once again, keep our campus open throughout the 2021 – 22 school year with national, state and local physical distancing and health and safety protocols in place as long as it is safe to do so.
Highlights of our on-campus learning approach:
- On-campus, every day (Monday – Friday)
- National, state and local health and safety guidelines in place, including everyone wearing masks while indoors.
- Customized schedules, curriculum, activities, and ample use of indoor and outdoor areas of campus so that students can maintain physical distancing guidelines and experience the unique benefits of our small class sizes and our philosophy of structured play and project-based learning.
- Students work in grade-level groups with physical distancing protocols in place.
Health and Safety are our Top Priorities
As a small independent school, TCS operates differently than a traditional, large, or public school. Here are three key differentiators that allow us to offer a strong on-campus learning experience while implementing the CDC guidelines for K-12 schools and the Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL)’s guidelines for Early Learning effectively:
- Our robust staffing uniquely positions us to deliver strong teaching and learning on campus and remotely, if needed.
- After careful analysis of the spaces and flow of our campus, we identified the number of students who can fit in a classroom with physical distancing measures in place. We also utilize our outdoor spaces, including nearby Piedmont Park. Schools need ample staff and indoor and outdoor spaces; we have both.
- We have the resources to implement strict health and safety guidelines, like enhanced air filtration systems for every building.
Click here to read “The Courage to Innovate,” our health and safety plan for the 2021 – 22 school year.
Hear From Our Parents:
“For me, WHY I chose TCS has been reaffirmed in the last few weeks. The Children’s School has provided multiple student-centered frameworks that adapt to the needs of our family and open channels for connecting. It is not lost on me that many schools around Atlanta do not have these resources. Thank you, TCS, for always doing the most for the children.” — TCS Parent
“We have all three kids on campus. Thank you TCS for making this possible. I know you all have been working extremely hard to think, analyze, ponder, and enable families to decide what will work best for them.” – TCS Parent