Thanks so much for your patience the past few days as we navigate the parking and traffic challenges over the next week. We’d like to remind you to please expect an email from The Children’s School every morning by 10:30 a.m. starting September 14 through Tuesday, September 22 updating you on the day’s carpool, parking, and extended day pick-up procedures. We also will post these on Facebook. It is likely that procedures will change throughout the week, so please read these updates and pass them on to anyone who might be picking your student up from school. While we recognize this may seem like over-communication, our goal is to keep you as safe and informed as possible.
Here’s what you need to know now:
- Traffic on 10th Street will be more congested than usual from September 10 – September 22 due to single lanes going east and west.
- You will not need a pass identifying you as a member of the TCS community to enter 10th Street until September 18. Please keep the orange passes we sent home earlier this week for use on September 18.
- From September 10 – September 22, you will not be permitted to park on 10th street at all. You may find parking on side streets September 10-17, but please note that there will be absolutely no parking allowed on side and back streets on September 18 or 19.
- Early morning care: Please do not get out of your car during early morning drop-off (7:30 a.m. – 8 a.m.). Faculty and staff will be on hand to walk your child(ren) to the gym.
- If you need to drop off your student late, pick up your student early, have a meeting, or take an item into a classroom, temporary spaces will be available in the TCS parking garage. They are to the left as you enter the garage. Signs are posted. We ask that you limit time in these spaces to 10 minutes. Please be courteous and efficient as others will have these parking needs as well.
- You may find parking on side streets September 10-17, but please remember to move your car by 5 p.m. to avoid being ticketed.
- There will be absolutely no parking allowed on side or back streets on September 18 or 19.
- We are dismissing school at noon on Friday, September 18. There will be no Discovery on Friday, September 18. Please plan accordingly.
- Enrichment classes are canceled all of next week.
- Day School Electives, while originally scheduled to start next week, will actually begin the following week. We expect all extracurricular activities to be back to regular schedule the week of September 21. Day School Electives Open Houses will be the week of September 21:
- September 21- TCS Players from 3:15-5:15 (Jungle Book movie viewing)
- September 22 – TedEd: 3:15-4:15 in Lynn and Joe’s Class
- September 23 – Players and Jr. Players Parent Mtg: 3:15 to 4:15 in the gym
- September 24- TCS Voices: 3:15-4:15 in the music room
- Directors of these programs will hold carpool from 4:15-4:30 after which you will receive a drop in charge
- Technology Information Night, scheduled for September 16, is canceled. Stay tuned for information on a new date!
- There is no Discovery on Friday, September 18.
Thanks for your patience! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Gale Taylor, Director of Safety, Security and Plant Operations.