The school provides early morning care at no charge from 7:30-8:00 a.m. in the gym. Children must be accompanied by a parent to the gym and signed in. The school will not be liable for children who have not been properly signed in.
Please have children at school by 8:25 a.m. so that they can be settled and ready to begin on time. School begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. each day.
During morning carpool, a uniformed officer will assist with the flow of traffic. Also, The Children’s School’s teachers, administrators and sixth/seventh graders will greet the children in front of the school between 8:00 and 8:25 a.m. Do not drop off a child until someone on duty opens his or her car door. Do not allow children to exit a vehicle from a lane of traffic. If you need to come into school during this time, park in a designated parking zone other than the restricted area in front of the school. Parents are required to escort any late arriving students to their classrooms. During morning carpool, it is essential that you follow the traffic rules indicated on the next page.
Children who arrive after 8:30 a.m. must first sign-in through KeepnTrack in the front office, before being escorted to their classrooms by a parent.
Please do not leave valuables in parked cars at any time.
Afternoon carpool runs from 3:15 – 3:45 p.m. (2:15 – 2:45 p.m. on Fridays). Teachers will not leave the curb until 3:45 p.m. (2:45 on Fridays). All children will be escorted by a teacher to their rides.
Children will not be released to anyone who is not on the pickup list designated by parents in Veracross, or for whom the school has written permission for pickup.
If you are checking out a child early, Please report to the receptionist’s desk in the B building to check out your child for early dismissal. To ensure a student’s safety, we will not release a student to a caregiver who doesn’t have his/her ID.
EDSL has evening carpool from 5:45 – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Select programs, like TCS Voices and TCS Athletics, hold additional carpools when their activities end.
During carpool times, it is essential that you follow the traffic rules listed below.
- Each family is assigned a carpool number. When picking up children at carpool, please display your assigned number at all times.
- Sixth and seventh graders may arrive and leave campus on their own provided their parents have signed the Self Transportation Permission Slip.
- School dismisses at 2:15 on Fridays. The Extended Day Program (Discovery, EPIC, Enrichment and Athletics), is available from 2:15 to 6:00 p.m.
We take the safety of our children very seriously. It is critical that the following traffic rules be carefully followed. During carpool times:
- Cell phones are not permitted at any time during active carpool.
- Display your carpool number at all times.
- Please do not up on 10th Street before 3:15 p.m. If you arrive early for pick up, please park in the neighborhood and walk up to school to pick up your child(ren).
- Make sure to follow all directions from the law enforcement official and school staff.
- We are all part of keeping and maintaining good relationships with our neighbors. Avoid blocking our neighbors’ driveways while waiting in line.
- Stay inside your car while you’re in the loading zone.
- A faculty member or designated carpool helper will open the car door and assist students younger than sixth grade who are getting into or out of the car.
- Sixth and seventh graders may open their own doors.
- If you can’t use the carpool lane to pick up or drop off your child(ren), make sure to park in the neighborhood and walk in your child. Please don’t pull into our driveway to pick up or drop off children.
- Do not make U-turns or cross lanes to drop off children against the traffic flow.
- All parked cars need to be moved from the loading zone before 8:00 a.m., 3:15 p.m. (2:15 p.m. on Fridays) and 5:45 p.m. If you need to come into school, park in the designated parking zone.
- Remember to signal when pulling in or out of the loading zone.
- Make sure your pets are on a leash if you’re dropping off or picking up your child(ren).
If necessary, drive around the block so that you do not have to cross the line of traffic on 10th Street to drop your child off in the loading zone.