The Wolf Pack had a slamming good winter season of TCS Athletics! The Children’s School’s MAAC (grades 6 – 8) and intramural (grades 3 – 5) basketball teams faced each challenge with enthusiasm and grit. The players and coaches celebrated several wins and proud moments on the court, including:
- The A-team competed against a D-1 school in GLOBE Academy and beat them in a hard-fought game 50-49.
- The B-team made the MAAC Championships as the #4 seed in the division.
- Sixth grader Harrison L. was selected as a MAAC All-Star and played impressively in the All-Star game.
- Eighth graders Elias and Vincent stepped into leadership roles as MAAC team captains!
- Coach Todd courageously coached his last game of the season with a pregnant wife at home. They welcomed a baby boy the day after the MAAC Championships!
- Assistant Coach Chris Robinson gave us some professional insight on the game of basketball. He previously played for the NBA Vancouver Grizzlies.
Players not only built on their skills and technique, but learned important lessons on sportsmanship, character, and teamwork.
Coach Chris Robinson recalls a humble example of how the team showed strong character: “There was one game when I was trying to play everybody, but some of the [players] were telling me, ‘Coach, put this [player] in and put the other [player] in!’ so [that] we could win the game and match up right with the other team. When I saw this type of sacrifice [from them], it was one of my proudest moments.”
“My proudest moment is when one student approached another student and apologized for making a bad choice and seeing another student complimenting another student for making a fantastic play. Great to see young athletes work together,” said Coach Kristine.
Congrats on an outstanding season, Wolf Pack! The TCS community can’t wait to see you back on the court next year.